Formal research suggests that Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) employees are a motivated and highly qualified group. Out & Equal’s constituents are that and more. Of course, we’ve always known this, but we want employers to know as well, so Out & Equal’s LGBTCareerLink has been conducting an ongoing, informal poll. Here are a few highlights from our recent results:
Strong work experience with a healthy number of new-comers
- 51% are managers and senior individual contributors with at least 10 years in their current occupations.
- 8% are executives.
- 24% are entry level, no more than three years of professional level work experience.
LGBT workplace equality is a priority
- 76% place significant importance on an employer’s LGBT-related equality policies and practices when evaluating potential career moves.
- 40% will not accept a job offer unless they are certain they can be “out” in the workplace and treated equally.
- 77% are “out” at work to co-workers, managers, executives alike.
Education much higher than the general workforce
- 89% hold at least a B.A. or B.S. degree.
- 37% hold advanced degrees, professional degrees and doctorates.
Read the rest of the survey results here.
Have you taken the survey? Add your voice and show employers why you’re an ideal job candidate. While you’re at, you can upload your resume for free to Out & Equal’s LGBTCareerLink, the only online career board specifically for the LGBT community. If you are an employer interested in reaching this quality talent group with your employment brand, check out the opportunities available specifically for you.