When Out & Equal staff members are asked by companies and organizations, “why should I send my employees to the 2011 Out & Equal Workplace Summit?” we have a long list of reasons.
Lists are boring, so we thought we’d sum it up in a few bullets:
• The 2011 Out & Equal Workplace Summit is the premier global event on LGBT workplace issues.
• The 2011 Out & Equal Workplace Summit will provide a unique opportunity to enhance the quality of the work experience of key employees who are also LGBT.
• The Summit offers important opportunities for organizations to showcase their leading workplace practices and programs. By presenting workshops or participating on panels, either as an organization or in collaboration with industry partners, companies are able to share their expertise, reinforcing their position as a leading, progressive employer of choice.
• Summit participants, and those who learn of an organization’s participation, witness a concrete example of the organization’s commitment to workplace equality for all, most specifically to its LGBT employees and their friends, families and allies.
• The Summit provides organizations with the opportunity to contribute to the dialogue for emerging issues and best practices affecting LGBT employees.
• The Summit provides a significant opportunity for professional development and leadership training for an organization’s LGBT employees and allies. Nearly 140 workshops and panels on a variety of topics provide specific education and resources that can be implemented upon returning to the workplace after the Summit’s completion.
• Many companies take advantage of the Summit as a forum for organizational meetings of its LGBT employee leaders and to participate in (or lead) industry-specific network.
• Competition for individual and corporate recognition in the form of Outie Finalists and Award Winners in five categories provides organizations an opportunity to review and document their accomplishments and celebrate their leadership in LGBT workplace equality, again distinguishing themselves to their present and prospective employees.
To read more about the Summit, and to register, click here.
For a taste of the Summit, view our highlights video: